Hey Augustine began as husband and wife Chad and Jennifer Detering. For love of music and a passion for the gospel they began writing songs and making home recordings. The two began performing their own songs in 2012 when, with a modest home recording in hand, they played the Agape Music Festival in Greenville, IL. Since that day, they have continued to perform their gospel saturated blend of folk rock music in Churches, homes, public parks, Camps, and other music venues as they raised their ever-growing family. In 2016, five of their children joined them on stage for a missionary fundraising event and the family band was born.
Chad is a self-taught guitar player and the band’s primary songwriter. He has a wide range of musical influences, and is drawn to honest lyrics, storytelling, eclectic rhythms, and folk/rock/blues instrumentation.
Jennifer grew up singing songs in church from the young age of six, and became a student of the piano at age ten. Her musical gifts have been put to use over years of service in the local church for much of her life. Together, Chad and Jennifer led worship for more than 15 years as part of two different church plants.
Daughter Emily is a very talented worship leader, singer, multi-instrumentalist, and songwriter. She serves as the bands “utility infielder” moving gracefully between guitars, violin and keys as needed. She is a current member of the First Baptist Church O’Fallon worship team.
Aiden started as the bands primary drummer, but has since taken over on lead guitar. He is also a current member of the FBCO worship team.
Connor is the primary bass player, but also fills in on banjo from time to time.
Caleb has stepped in as the band’s drummer.
Hey Augustine music draws from a wide range of traditional and modern influences and is not easily described by a single genre. Song lyrics are faith based and inspired by the rich message and good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Released “Ready For Love” home recording and performed at the Agape Music Festival in Greenville, IL (2012)
• “Practice in the Park” Events (2013)
• Organized a fundraising house concert and raised over $1100 for an orphanage in Chad, Africa (February 20, 2016)
• First Full-Length Public Performance as a Family Band at Charis Baptist Fellowship (March 24, 2017)
• Performed for a panel of music industry professionals for The Objective Sessions Showcase at Rocketown in Nashville, TN (May 20th, 2017)
• Audiofeed Music Festival 2018, 2019, 2022. • Performed at multiple fundraiser concerts, Men’s Wild Game Dinner, and the Seniors Fellowship Luncheon as church members at First Baptist Church O’Fallon, IL.